Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My precioussssssss...

Okay...so I'm a self-confessed magpie. I love shiny things. I wouldn't drape myself in shiny things, but that doesn't mean I won't hypnotically stare at someone who does.

I know that this is not an unusual affliction. At work, I know quite a few magpies, guys and girls. Granted, female magpie-ism is more of the gem notion, while male magpie-ism is more of the gadget genre (or gold teeth...arrrrr matey).

Anyway, znyga games, makers of the intensely annoying Farmville and Mafia Wars mini games on Facebook have come up with yet another annoying game of the same make...except it's specifically geared towards magpies like myself. And irritatingly enough...it worked. ARGH! While the basis of Treasure Isle is essentially the same as other zynga games (find something, add it to your space, add friends, get help, etc.), the fact that I get to hunt for gems and treasure makes me forget just how annoying this application really is.

Don't underestimate the irritation factor either. I mean, if I was to step back from the allure of hunting sparklies, I would be annoyed by the sheer amount of times the game asks me to add someone, post something, share something, ask for something, give something...gah!

Of course, the day that znyga thinks of adding overflowing treasure chests as items I can leave on my island, or letting me use my extra treasure as decorations...I'll be lost to the dark side forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment