Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's a fine line between athletic and plain klutzy...

So this morning, I went to Tim Horton's with a couple co-workers to get myself some tea. It's about a 5 minute walk inside an office/mall complex on smooth, shiney tiles. Anyway, I had a hot tea in one hand, and my wallet and cheese croissant in the other. I slipped on said stupid slippery tiles, my life flashed before my eyes, and I stumbled along for about 10 feet while flailing my arms.

Nevermind the fact I was wearing the typical high heel that has little to no grip on sheer tiles and is the equivalent of wearing skates on ice. I eventually regained my footing, hot tea still in hand. To my surprise, only a little bit had spilled out. I can't imagined how retarded I probably looked while I was trying to get my balance back, and it seems I've tweaked my left foot in doing so. *sigh*

My co-workers were both amazed and astounded that not only did I regain my footing, but that I had never thought to let go of the tea in order to regain my balance. They also assured me that not a soul was in sight to witness my...erm...athletic talents. I know they're lying, but hey...at least I didn't go down in a magnificent display of flailing arms, flying shoes, and falling tea.

1 comment:

  1. I once flipped over the handle bars of my 12 speed bike and spilled all my Skittles. To this day, rainbows make me cringe!

    ReplyDelete